Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seeking....

Today started out a good day but turned into a stressful day. It is weird to think about how when I was in high school, the trials I faced seemed like they were so huge. Now looking back at them and they seem so simple. Each trial faced as life goes on continues to feel so much bigger than the last. In high school I worried about leaving my friends for the summer or if I should stay with my family or try to find a job for extra “spending money”. Now it has turned into worrying about not being able to be hired by anyone or how I will pay for this months rent. Sometimes I wonder why some days seem so easy and other days feel like the world really is on my shoulders.


One these reoccurring days of the past month I am reminded of a speaker in my discipleship program where he challenged us with this thought. He told think if the moment that our walk with God was the greatest? Think of why it was the greatest? What were you doing for it to be at this point? Then ask yourself why am I not at the point right now?


On days like today where I feel like I am not in that much control of my own life I think about this that question.


I am reminded of my life theme verse from Jeremiah 29:13


“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with your whole heart”.


Question answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment