Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crossroads

It seems that my whole life people continue to ask the question of me

“What do you want to do (fill in the blank)”

-When you grow up?”
-When you are done with Joshua (my discipleship program)?”
-When you go to college?”
-When you are in college?”
-Once you graduate?”
-for a job?”
-With your life?”

The majority of my life has been me wondering “What do I really want to do” and more importantly “What is God calling me to do”. I spend so much time thinking about my future especially right now as I do not have a full time job and I am once again “looking” at my future. I am graduating in December and when I was younger my view of going to college was that you go to college to practice and learn more about what you want to do with your life. Then after going to college you have your future/job planned, set out, and once you graduate you begin that journey.

But right now I feel more confused about what that is, even more than when I started. The only thing that I know right now is that I love God and I want to serve people. I so desperately want to be in a place where I am able to use my gifts and abilities to serve God and to serve other people.

But where is that and how can I find that magical place? And do I continue to search for jobs that I don’t feel like I am really using my gifts but that will pay the bills?

Bottom Line is:

Love God. Love People. Serve God. Serve People.

But is there more?

No comments:

Post a Comment