Monday, July 6, 2009

Sacrifice

The other day after a conversation I began to think about what the balance in relationships should be. A lot of what being in a relationship is, is giving up your own desires and wants. Love is about sacrifice and learning how to love selflessly. But then there is also the factor of not wanting to lose your own self and the things that are really important to you.


So I began to think about the things that are important to me and if I were to let go of them they would change too much of me. There have been points in my life where I have given things up that were important to me. I chose to sacrifice and to put the other persons need in front of my own. Yet later I wondered why I gave that thing up because it was something that I really wanted to do, yet I missed out on.


It comes down to this, I know without a doubt in my mind I love this person. But is it asking too much to give up this one good desire and passion I have.


Will this time be different than the others….


Or will I be able to look back in love….

No comments:

Post a Comment